Going Off the Grid: Part #1:

Our energy bill each month for a 3 bedroom house with minimal power usage is $350-400 a month. We try to save by leaving lights off and usually just make due with the natural fill from the sky lights. Our biggest power-suckers are our Stove (which is range), our Dryer, our Water Heater and our Air Conditioner. In the cooler months, our air is turned on maybe one day out of the month and it reduces our power bill probably by half.


I currently just purchased a Earth 4 Energy Membership which gives me access to Solar-Powering tips and techniques to get your home off the grid. Unfortunately we're renting this house, I mean I prefer it because-well when things break I don't have to have the money to fix them. No money is one of the big reasons I am trying to cut down on these energy costs in the first place...along with the whole pollution-end-of-the-world-normal-evilness thing.

I will be writing about this project as I move along. Covering what works and what doesn't work. So far the membership costs $50 and says you can reduce your power bill by 90% for $200.

I am optimistic.

Feel free to email me if you have any questions for tips for me. Thank you.

0 comments:

top