Disciplinary Blogging



I am thereby sentencing myself one blog on a daily basis for the next 30 days. If I can't pull that off than I will be very disappointed in myself.*

*This comes from a very specific problem I have with discipline. I seem to have a problem with personal discipline...especially when it comes to repetitive tasks. Not only do I sigh sometimes when I need to take a shower or clean the dishes. But I really don't like finding food to eat anymore, like just the task of having to go buy food or make food is just such an annoying task.

So I've come to the conclusion I need some discipline practice.

The other day I watched a documentary one of my friend's created at his time at The Citadel. A military-esque school with a bizarrely strict drill team. They were drilled on a daily basis; uncomfortable and most of the time physically painful tasks were performed in unison, while their superior officers degrade them by yelling at them and drawing embarrassing images in permanent marker on their arms and faces.

The only thing I can think this trains you for is a socially-unsupported world where you are forced to do uncomfortable and possibly painful repetitive tasks on a daily basis.**

**I don't know but reading through that seems like the boiler-plate description of what it would be like if you went to hell.

But either way I think if you can survive hell you can survive anything.

Why am I doing this you ask? Well I feel like I either always forget to write or I put it off because I have better things to do. While both of those things are normal excuses...they are bullshit automatic responses that some robot inside me tells myself.

So for 30 days I want to prove I can beat the robot.

1 comments:

Vanessa Hernandez said...

I'm waiting for the evidence of this disciplinary blogging sir ;)

top